Flexible Teaching is an approach to course design and delivery that helps students learn and succeed in any mode: face-to-face, online, or hybrid. To ease the transition to an online start to the Spring semester, a panel of faculty will share their lessons learned from Fall 2021 and how they adjusted their course design strategy and teaching practices to focus on improving the student’s learning experience, enhance communication, and create empathy with their students. Panel Format: Online via Zoom. The panel will be one hour long. At the end of the panel, faculty will have the opportunity to stay connected and join a break-out room with assigned Teaching and Learning Consultants for questions about: flexible teaching, course design, teaching practices, digital tools and educational innovation.
– Dr. Melissa Vito, Vice Provost for Academic Innovation – Moderator
– Dr. Jill Fleuriet, Associate Dean Honors and COLFA, Professor of Anthropology and Faculty Champion Honors
– Dr. Kim Kline, Professor of Communication COLFA and representative of Faculty Senate
– Dr. Eddie Hernandez, Associate Professor of Instruction in Biology and Faculty Champion COS
– Dr. Alberto Cordova, Associate Dean HCAP and Associate Professor of Kinesiology – POC HCAP
– Jose Escobedo, Student Government Association President