The focus of this session is on helping faculty develop a plan to navigate their faculty career, with a focus on the needs of mid-career faculty. The presentation will discuss some typical barriers that faculty face at mid-career and share recommendations for navigating career transitions. The session will be appropriate for newly tenured or more senior associate professors. Graduate students and newly hired faculty may also find this session of interest, as they look to what will happen once they earn tenure or have been in their positions for a while. Department chairs and deans may also find this useful as there are tips provided on how to support faculty at mid-career.
Note: Webinar available via UTSA membership with the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), an independent faculty development center dedicated to supporting academics in making successful transitions throughout their careers. All faculty, postdocs, and graduate students at UTSA have access to the following member resources:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, & moderated writing challenges
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
To take advantage of this opportunity, you can activate your personal membership by completing the following steps:
- Go to http://www.FacultyDiversity.org/Join
- Choose your institution from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Continue”
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your UTSA email address (i.e. @UTSA.edu)
- Go to your UTSA email inbox to find a confirmation email. Click “Activate Account” in the confirmation email.