Gamified courses increase students’ motivation and participation and allow for the capability to reinforce knowledge and skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking, collaboration, persistence, and creativity. In a game-based learning environment, learners are involved in a more challenging, meaningful, empowering, and deep understanding process. Get engaged with us in a playful session about game design in Blackboard Learn.
Participants will be able to:
- Learn about game-based learning theories.
- Identify learning theories.
- Analyze different examples of how instructors have gamified their course.
- Discover how to create a narrative structure for your content.
- Balance engagement and complexity.
- Master the Achievement tool and designate criteria for issuing rewards to Students in the form of badges and certificates.