UTSA, the San Antonio Military Health System (SAMHS) and UT Health San Antonio would like to invite you to the sixth annual SAMHS and Universities Research Forum (SURF), a regional event that highlights the latest research and discoveries of trainees, faculty, staff and students working to improve health outcomes and readiness.
Forum participants will have the opportunity to present and share innovations in research, practice, and policy; and connect with scholars and practitioners for future education, research, policy, and practice collaborations. The event will include podium and poster presentations.
SURF 2020 Themes:
- Auditory & Vestibular Health
- Caregiver Support
- Dental Health & Dental Microbiology
- Directed Energy (Cellular Mechanisms, System-Level Effects, Clinical/Behavioral Assessment)
- Health Services Research (Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, & Big Data Analytics, Cyber Security & Health Systems, Evidence-Based Outcomes, Implementation Science, Patient Engagement)
- Mass Casualty Care
- Mental Health & Suicide Prevention
- Pain (Mechanisms, Interventions)
- Phage Therapy, Virology, and Vaccines
- Precision & Regenerative Medicine (Omics, Therapeutics)
- Trauma-Related Preventable Death (Hemorrhage, Airway, & Resuscitation, Prolonged Field Care, Infection Control, Innovative Technologies, Training)
- Wellness, Readiness, and Performance (Preventive Care, Wearable Technologies, Human Performance Optimization, Enhancement, & Lethality)