Scaffolding is designing your teaching and learning experiences to offer students temporary support to achieve objectives just outside their current capabilities. In this workshop, we’ll discuss how scaffolding in your assignments, lectures, and courses can create a more inclusive environment for students to participate and engage.
By attending this course, participants will be able to:
• define scaffolding within a teaching and learning context;
• list benefits of scaffolding to students;
• recognize the ways in which scaffolding supports classroom inclusivity;
• identify examples of scaffolding;
• analyze an existing assignment and determine opportunities for scaffolding.