- No key pick-up is necessary. Rooms are unlocked by Faculty Center staff prior to scheduled meetings/events.
- Before the meeting/event:
- Meeting organizers will have advanced access to their reserved room for set-up (30 minutes prior the scheduled start time in the JPL Assembly or Conference Room, 15 minutes prior for all other rooms). If earlier access is needed, a request should be made at the time of reservation.
- Faculty Center staff may assist meeting organizers with basic technology set-up. Should assistance be required during the meeting due to technical issues, meeting organizers should call or text 210-288-0137 for assistance. (Generally available between the hours of 8am-6pm).
- Dedicated tech support is not provided. Speak to the Faculty Center team for additional options.
- After the meeting/event:
- Meeting organizers will have a window of time to clear and exit the room (30 minutes after the scheduled end time in the Assembly or Conference Room, 15 minutes after for all other rooms).
- Faculty are welcome to use the Casual Seating area during Faculty Center hours. After hour access is via the keypad code at the entryway. *Faculty should not share the access code with anyone. It is strictly for faculty use.
Room Use Fees
- There are no room-use fees for use of the JPL Assembly Room or Faculty Center meeting rooms.
Room Set Up Fees
- Room set-up is free of charge utilizing the existing Faculty Center furniture. Any special furniture needs beyond what is already available within the Center (round tables, for example), will need to be arranged and paid through UTSA Facilities – *Advance approval by the Faculty Center events team is required. Specific furniture arrangements should be requested at the time of reservation. Every effort will be made to accommodate such requests when possible and within safety guidelines.
- There are no fees for use of technology equipment in the Faculty Center or JPL Assembly Room. Any additional equipment or services needed beyond what is installed in meeting rooms will need to be arranged and paid through UTSA Academic Innovation, Learning Technologies. Dedicated tech support is not provided. Speak to the Faculty Center team for additional options.
- Meetings/events held outside of operational hours, where food will be served to 30 or more attendees, will require additional housekeeping support.
- In addition, Faculty Center staff may determine that certain meetings/events will require additional housekeeping support based on logistics, duration and/or the number of rooms utilized (both during and after operational hours).
- In all these cases, the sponsoring department will be responsible for associated housekeeping fees. Faculty Center staff will assist you in making housekeeping arrangements.
- Housekeeping event support includes maintaining restrooms during and after the event, cleaning up any spills, trash removal and floor cleaning. Housekeeping staff coverage is determined based on the UTSA Facilities Event Staffing Guidelines.
- Other campus service providers such as the UTSA Parking Division and Catering also charge fees for their services. Sponsoring departments will be responsible for arranging and paying fees directly to campus service providers.
- If any damage occurs to the facility or equipment during the course of a meeting/event, the sponsoring department will be asked to cover repair/replacement costs.
- Joint use of Faculty Center spaces by faculty and non-UTSA organizations must comply with the university’s Joint Sponsorship policies and be pre-approved. Fees will be assessed for Joint Sponsored meetings and events. At a minimum, the fees must ensure recovery of all costs incurred by UTSA that relate to the jointly sponsored activity or program. Faculty Center staff will assist you with the Joint Sponsorship application process.
Room Use and Conditions
- Detailed Room Information and Photos can be viewed at: View Room Information
- Rooms should be left in the same condition as prior to the event.
- Tables should be cleared of trash, wrappers and empty containers should be placed in trash bins.
- Spills should be reported promptly to Faculty Center staff.
- Children are not permitted in the Faculty Center. Please refer to the UTSA HOP 9.13 for additional university policy information regarding minor children on campus.
- Only blue painters tape will be allowed for affixing items to walls. Prohibited items include tacks, staples, packing or masking tape. Whiteboard or easels for presentations materials are recommended. Candles or flames of any kind are prohibited.
- Visit the Reservations page for more information and processing guidelines.
- Faculty are welcome to bring their own food and drinks into the Faculty Center to eat during meetings, or to enjoy in the casual seating area.
- UTSA Dining provides catering services for the campus community and is permitted in the Faculty Center and JPL Assembly Room.
- Alternatively, a UTSA-approved caterer may also provide on-campus catering services.
- For non-catered meetings/events, boxed or pre-packaged meals/snacks and individual, sealed beverages are recommended.
- Food deliveries are permitted with the following exception regarding hot/warm items. For menu items requiring any type of open flame/sterno, catering staff OR the client must remain near the food set up during the event and must remain in the room until the flame/sterno is extinguished.
- Potluck luncheons or dinners (events where attendees each contributes a homemade dish to the event or brings a home baked good) are NOT allowed in the Faculty Center.
- Alcoholic beverages in the Faculty Center and JPL Assembly Room are only permitted with prior approval from the President’s Office as noted under the UTSA HOP 9.16. In addition, alcoholic beverages served in the Faculty Center/JPL Assembly Room must be arranged through Aramark Catering.
- Events with alcoholic beverages must comply with local, state and federal law.
Pre-Event Set Up, Deliveries, and Pick Up
- Requests to deliver materials and or equipment to the reserved space on the day-of or evening prior to the event, should be made in advance with Faculty Center staff .
- All materials, items, resources, and equipment brought into the Faculty Center and JPL Assembly Room should be removed at the conclusion of the event. Requests for exceptions should be made in advance with Faculty Center staff.
- Poster board frames can be reserved through UTSA Facilities.
- The Faculty Center has a printer located in the small workroom (4.04.12B)
- Print jobs may be sent from the laptops located in the small workroom at no charge
- Faculty should reach out to their respective colleges/departments for printing class materials and large print jobs.
- For more printing options and information outside of the Faculty Center please visit: UTSA Printspot Printing
- More information can be found at UTSA Parking Division.
- Sponsoring departments will be responsible for arranging and paying fees directly to campus service providers.
- Meeting/event organizers are also responsible for arranging and/or paying for parking validation for any vendors (such as caterers, entertainers, guest speakers etc.).
- Requests to video record or simulcast a meeting/event should be arranged through the MARCOM Studio.
- Requests for photo shoots or campus photography services should also be arranged through the MARCOM Studio.
- Sponsoring departments will be responsible for arranging and paying fees directly to the campus service providers.
- Visitors attending an event or conference in the JPL Faculty Center who are in need of a private room for lactation or other medical needs may submit a request in advance via email at FCreservations@utsa.edu.
- Day-of requests may be honored if space is available.
- For more options and information outside the Faculty Center please visit: UTSA Wellbeing Resources
Faculty Center Website
In order for workshops/events to be listed on the Faculty Center website, they must meet one of the following criteria:
- A professional development workshop at UTSA targeted to faculty
- A JPL Assembly Room event open to the university or local community
- Meetings will not be listed on the Faculty Center website
- Contact the Faculty Center Team to request an event listing